14/08/2015

Dubrovnik
































It's been ages...I know ages and ages but I am back on the blog!! My abandonment of you all has been due to no internet connection as we have been staying at my Grandmas after we got back from my brilliant holiday in Europe, yes, yes it was amazing!!! I have many blog posts for you all coming hopefully very soon, (if I don't drown under school work) anyway, onto what I thought of my next stop...Dubrovnik!

 A lot of stairs if you stay above the old city, however it's worth the climb. About 450 stairs (no exaggerations) down to the old city and a long climb back up, in which I usually would just collapse onto the ground once I got to the top...good times!! As you can see from the photos the city is absolutely incredible. The city is surrounded by a 2.2km wall which you can walk around. On the journey around the wall you get magnificent views of the Old City and its surroundings. One of the things I looked forward throughout my travels in Dubrovnik was the Rock Bar that lined the edge of the city and had crystal clear waters beneath it. We watched some people jump off the rocks there on our first day and I swore to do it the day after when I had my swimmers. However, I didn't unfortunately the water was very choppy the next day and it rained so sadly I could not jump off the rocks. 

We stayed in Dubrovnik for the longest amount of time during our whole Europe expedition, and I'm so glad we did as there was so much to see and do inside the old town and out. Including many boat rides to Islands. On our last day we caught a ferry to an island just off the coast of the city. The island was filled with peacocks and there were so many beautiful spots to swim and snorkel. On the same day we also went to Breela beach, a beach famous for its sand. Very beautiful, but the sand was not as soft as the sand on my beaches back home.

Make sure you keep a look out for my video diary of Croatia that will be coming up in the next post!!

Wearing//

Sunnies - Locello
Top - Glamorous
Shorts - Cotton on
Shoes - Asics
Georgia x

No comments:

Post a Comment