05/06/2015

Muesli Bars


Quick out the door we’ve got to go!! …Wait I haven't had anything to eat yet!! Sound familiar? I know it does to me.
This is the time of day when we find ourselves resulting to quick 'on-the-go' high sugar snacks e.g. biscuits, muesli bars, etc. We may think it won’t hurt just this once, unfortunately though, it all adds up. Now, don’t worry I have come across this problem so many times before and the other day I thought, right this issue just needs to be fixed.


I have tried to make muesli bars before and let’s just say they were not all that satisfying or delicious. So I scrapped my old recipe's, did a quick hunt of the cupboard for things you could put into muesli bars and I came up with this recipe… and oh my, are they pretty delicious.


Ingredients//
2 ripe bananas
½ cup of nut butter (I used almond and cashew.)
1 Dinner spoon (each) of chia seeds, linseeds and pepitas
1 Dinner spoon of honey
1 cup of rolled oats
1/3 cup of dried fruits (sultanas, goji berries, cranberries, dates.)
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 cup shredded coconut


Method//
Preheat oven to 180oC and line a tray with baking paper

In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork and stir in nut butter and honey until well combined.

Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until everything is mixed.

Spread batter onto tray and cook for 20-25 mins in oven or until golden brown.

Leave out to cool and then slice. 


Bars will keep for up to 3 weeks in the fridge, but I will be surprised if they last that long!!


Makes 15-20- 3 cm x 12 cm bars.

TIP- for crunchier bars cook for 5-10 minutes longer.


Georgia x o x o

No comments:

Post a Comment