23/10/2015

Floriade
































Wayyy back at the start of the holidays I travelled down to Canberra with my lovely grandparents to visit Floriade. As I go to a private school I am very lucky and get an extra weeks holiday! They took me down in the extra week that I had, which was also the first week of Floride. Unfortunately due to it only being the first week only some of the tulips were out and in full bloom, however nevertheless it was still very beautiful. 

For those of you who have no idea what Floriade is, it is a flower (mostly tulip) festival in Canberra where gardeners plant tulips to bloom in a flower bed which forms a picture. If you look closely at the photos you will understand what I mean. This years theme for Floriade was celebrating 50 years of ANZAC so naturally many of the pictures were...ANZAC themed. 

There are also many other exhibits throughout Floriade however I think my favourite would have to be the Gnome Knoll (see photos). They are just so ADORABLE and so much fun to look at. I took a photo of my favourite one above, so credit to who ever painted that Gnome!! 

Hope you are all having a fabulous week!! Lots of Love...

Georgia x

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures! I love Floriade, it's always so pretty. Though I haven't been for quite a while.

    http://bobblegary.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete